Mental health is important and local support is available. This goes beyond the NHS and includes our Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) partners offer a wide range of support and resources that are available to everyone who needs them. The support available from these trusted partners can keep you well and help you through all parts of your care journey.
Don’t wait until you are in crisis. A range of helpful resources can be found by visiting the following websites
- People living in Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield can find help and support from Choose Well, provided by the South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
- Children and young people living in Wakefield can find support and resources from WF I Can, in Calderdale from Open Minds and in Kirklees from Thriving Kirklees.
People living in Leeds can find help and support from our trusted partners at MindWell (for adults) and MindMate (for children and young people).
- People living in Bradford District and Craven can find help and support from Healthy Minds.
- This May Help is aimed at parents and carers who may have concerns about their child’s mental health. Well-known presenters are helping raise awareness of this new national initiative launched by Bradford District and Craven Health and Care Partnership.
Looking after your mental health and sources of
- Your physical health can affect your mental health. Staying physically well is important. Simple routines around exercise and a focus on healthy eating, limiting alcohol use and engaging in social activities can all contribute to wellbeing.
- For urgent help in a mental health crisis, call your local 24 hr helpline:
- Leeds 0800 183 1485
- Bradford 0800 952 1181
- Wakefield, Kirklees and Calderdale 0800 183 0558.
- For overnight support for young people and children experiencing a mental health crisis call NightOwls on 0300 200 3900; text on 07984 392700 or chat online at wynightowls.org.uk
- If you work in a health and care environment, and are experiencing feelings that are difficult to cope with, a staff support line is available from 8am-8pm every day on 0808 196 3833. You can also chat online at https://griefandlosswyh.co.uk/home/keyworker.